Democrats on the House intelligence committee who joined with Republicans to keep secret a 23-page unclassified report detailing Randy “Duke” Cunningham’s misdeeds on the panel:
- Silvestre Reyes, Chairman, Texas
- Leonard L. Boswell, Iowa
- Robert E. (Bud) Cramer, Jr., Alabama
- C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger, Maryland (No profile in courage award here for the first Democratic freshman ever appointed to the committee)
- Mike Thompson, California. Wine country, to be precise.
- Jim Langevin, Rhode Island
- Patrick Murphy, Pennsylvania
Democrats voting in favor of releasing the report:
- Rush Holt, New Jersey
- Anna Eshoo, Palo Alto
- Jan Schakowsky, Illinois
- Alcee Hastings, Florida (In 1988, the House impeached Hastings, a federal judge, for bribery and perjury.)
- John Tierney, Mass.
The Hill has the details. Jane Harman of California is no longer on the committee, but she’s still pissed about the way the panel dealt with it. “We still don’t know the whole story,” she told The Hill. “I felt that we should have subpoenaed [Cunningham].” Thank God Nancy Pelosi took her off the panel!